FLUTTERBY

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Costley is hereby the queen of deposit finding!

To start off, I have to mention this morning, it was quite the learning experience. My patient was a class 3 with plenty of calculus, but even post administration of LA, she was so extremely sensitive. I had to be very careful with my strokes and I also couldn't use the ultra-sonic. So I instrumented with my hand instruments and it was very difficult. I leaned that sometimes you just have to get down and dirty when working on your patient. Of course it is optimal to cause no discomfort, however that is not our number one priority. Our goal is to remove all calculus deposits. From now on, I will focus on that primarily along with focusing on patient comfort.
Also today, I learned that no one can find calculus like proffesor Costley can. She is a very detailed oriented individual and she can get that explorer to do things I've never seen. She found 6-7 residual deposits. Not only could she find them, but she could get them all off too. I hope to be that good one day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home