FLUTTERBY

Thursday, November 29, 2007

11/29/07

You know you're not as fun when your titles are no longer "ode to Joni" but just dates. I feel sucked dry of everything that I have and I am ready to enjoy some fun. I think a vacation is somewhere in my near future.
Today I learned that you can't just generalize patients. I saw a four-year old this morning and just figured that she didn't have any calculus. Well she did, and I looked dumb. So make sure that each patient is thoroughly examined.
I also was reminded that since I am a health care professional, it is my responsiblity to see more than just teeth. I need to observe the whole body and treat the whole patient. Who knows, I could do some good in the world that way.
I am excited for next semester to be over. I will miss everyone and this environment and I won't miss everyone and this environment. It's a love/hate relationship at times. I just feel that i am ready to be the responsible hygienist. I think that I still use the instructors as a clutch. I am ready to get out and start really thinking for myself. However, I still feel that there is so much that I need to learn and that I will go through a period of feeling inadequate. But I will do as Joni tells me to, "FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home