FLUTTERBY

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Exam

It was nice to get to do the whole exam today. I felt that all of those confusing details that I used to have a hard time with weren't so confusing this time. I feel that I am starting to get more comfortable.
However, I had to do some vigorous scaling today on some orthodontic glue. Between the instructor watching, all the work, and my nervousness, it created a great deal of heat. Sometimes I wonder, "Will I really be good at this some day." I know it will just take time so I will be patient.
I have realized that I have started to run out of motivation to study. Some days i feel that I would prefer to do just about anything else. Oh well, keep pressing on I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joni said...

Hey Celestial!!
Of course you'll be good at this some day, you already are good at this. I feel the same way though, so don't worry. I was telling Dave how frustrated I was and he was like, "How long have you been scaling?" I felt stupid for complaining since we've really only done it twice, but it is so frustrating, huh? Just wait, it will be like probing, next time we go to class we'll be pros! And as far as studying goes...you're way ahead of me because I quit studying like a month ago. We'll be fine, I hope.
Love ya, Joni

5:47 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Hey Celeste don't be afraid to tell the TA (ME) to buzz off if you feel like I'm a bit too close. SOme students like it and some don't. If your anything like me I wanted to be perfect at scaling and probing and everything I did the first time. I hated haveing to learn and then grow, it was very frustrating. In fact I still feel that way. I remember when instructors would come and stand behind me I would "pit out" in seconds too. Anyway I think your doing great, up on your fulcrum and going toward the toe your basics are in place!!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home