FLUTTERBY

Monday, November 13, 2006

OLD FAITHFUL!!

Today we had an ode to old faithful. I was using the powder polisher and it was so icky that Joni couldn't handle it any more and kablam!! Water sprayed everywhere!! It was rather funny. The polisher is alot more abrasive than I thought it would be. I want to make sure that I tell my patients that it will feel abrasive but that it is not hurting them.
I appreciate that we have to try all of the procedures on each other first so that we can truly empathize with our patients. I think that is an essential part of health care.
Holly told me that if you wrap gauze around the tongue that way the tongue doesn't get hurt and it keeps those taste buds from tasting all of the saltiness. Fantastic.
Joni and I laughed so har today, it felt good. I think that we might get in trouble for not being very professional, but Joni just says the funniest things all of the time and I am always amused by the things that come out her mouth (whether it's what she says or whether it's a bunch of water spewing out).
Today we also polished pennies to make them shiny again. It was neat to see how much of a difference the polisher can make. I am excited to whip it out on some patient and hopefully wee a really big difference. I think that when my brother comes in as my first patient, I might use it on him to give him the polish of a lifetime after getting his braces off.
After polishing the pennies, we realized that the polisher worked really well on jewelry also and we cleaned watches, wedding rings, and CTR rings. It was cool to see how well it worked.
I was disappointed in myself today for being late. I thought that class started at 8:00 instead of 7:50 again today. I just wish that my mind worked better. So i would say for my goals today I want to A. Be on time the rest of the semester and dental hygiene by leaving half hour early and B. Devise a way to be overly organized and on top of things for the rest of the program. I don't want to graduate thinking that I could have done a little bit better or could have focused a little more. Dental Hygiene has been a dream of mine for so long and I don't want it to pass me by.
We decided that we want to go on a senior trip when we graduate, like a cruise or something. I think that we would have so much fun!! I love our class and I honestly think that I couldn't be with 29 better people. I want to tell them all how wonderful I think they are!! I am glad that I am surrounded by some of my greatest friends and great instructors everyday. I love this program.
I am excited for next semester. I am just going to do Mary Kay and school. It will be so nice to be able to focus. I know that it will be a super hard semester, but i can deal with it. I'll only cry a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home